Thursday, April 21, 2011

Silverware Sneak Peek

I haven't decided how cool or odd it is to hang spray painted silverware on burlap in my dining room yet. I think I like it, but give it a week or two.



We used old silverware from a garage sale, a canvas (gaudily painted by yours truly) and frame we owned, some ribbon, fabric flowers, and some heavy duty glue. The total cost was under $5. Not too shabby for the price. Or should I say, how shabby and chic. I plan to flank it with some other thrifty goodness, but you'll have to stay tuned for that. I can't overwhelm you with too much inspiring decor at once. That's code for "it's not done yet."


Can't wait to get this up on the wall. Thanks for stopping in to check out our latest project!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! And you know how I feel about silverware art...everyone should have some! Can't wait to see it when it's all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like it lots! I may have to spray paint me some silverware too!

    ReplyDelete