Thursday, May 5, 2011

To teach, to appreciate

Teacher Appreciation Week is drawing to a close, so I thought I better get a move on and post some goodies before it passes me by. Can you believe we get a whole week to celebrate our job? On the top of my list of things I love about teaching are kids' notes. They melt me instantly, and immediately release any memories I have of my students' fights, forgetfulness, nose picking or other germy behaviors. They turn to cherubs right before my eyes. I swear, this really happens.

Adore the straightforward nature of this first one.




I have a thing for owls...every note I get has an owl somewhere.


See that brunette on the left? That's me. Notice the thin limbs and styled hair? I did.

This little package was a fun one. The cardstock envelope hooks on the water bottle and holds a candy bar as well as a single serving drink mix to pour in the water. You could do these for party favors as well.

This is not something I received, but something I'm stoked to give to my coworker. It's a free printable I got here. I framed it in an 8x10. I love the different fonts and colors. I'm tempted to do one for myself. I can appreciate my teaching, can't I?

2 comments:

  1. I love the first note, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I enjoyed this post so much. We have been very lucky to have had wonderful teachers every year so far (my son is in 2nd grade). Are you still interested in guest posting for me tomorrow on M3LB? If so, contact me @gmail or leave a comment for me on the blog. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete