Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ham and Cheese Twists

These beauties are perfect for parties, laid-back weekends, or an after-school snack.

I dreamt about these one night.  Really.  It was so lucid that I woke up thinking I had actually made them. Two days and three ingredients later, they were just as good.  We had to pick up just one ingredient for these tasty bites, and they were quick, simple, and delicious.

Ham & Cheese Swirls (or Twists, I can't decide)

Ingredients:
  • 1 package canned breadsticks 
  • 12 slices ham deli meat
  • 3 mozzarella cheese sticks  
Instructions:
1. Cut the cheese sticks into fourths, roll with ham.
2.  Stretch the breadstick pieces into a long, thin piece and wrap around ham, securing the ends.
3.  Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes
*While baking, I brushed  a little butter on the top of each twist for added flavor and that golden look.

Experiment with different combinations of lunch meat and cheese.  I might try ham and swiss or turkey and american.  



No comments:

Post a Comment