Friday, December 9, 2011

Cinnamon-Sugar Pizza



I have crescent rolls tucked into every nook and cranny of my fridge. No idea why, but they're there. This recipe, called "Sugar Crumb Crispies" is my new favorite thing. Having a new favorite thing can be dangerous when one is well into pregnancy, but how much damage could I possibly do? If you've ever been to Pizza Ranch or another pizza joint that has a dessert-like pizza, this recipe tastes just like it. I'm in love.

Here's the recipe, directly from Chef in Training:

SUGAR CRUMB CRISPY
  • 1/4 cup butter *make sure butter is cold*
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • dash of salt
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 can Pillsbury Cresent Rolls
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
Cut in butter to sugars, cinnamon, and salt and flour to form crumbs.
On an ungreased cookie sheet, separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Sprinkle crumbs on top.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-12 minutes.
After they were cooked and cooled I cut them into smaller triangles but you can leave them big too!


GLAZE
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar *I like my glaze thicker, so if the glaze is too runny, just add more powdered sugar to get yours to the desired consistency.*
  • 1 Tbsp. softened butter
  • 1-1/4 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 to 1-1/2 Tbsp. milk
Blend together and drizzle over Sugar Crumb Crispies

Enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. OMG! I just made this, and it is unbelievable! It's kind of like the cinnamon brown sugar poptarts, right? Awesome. (I didn't put any vanilla in the glaze, though, and it's still FABULOUS!)

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this, and it's GREAT!! Had some for breakfast the next day, and it was still good and everything! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear dessert lover,
    I'd like to share with you in reference to your interest that www.dessertpastry.com is available to sale.

    Check out directly to purchase:
    http://www.sedo.co.uk/search/details.php4?domain=dessertpastry.com&language=en&et_sub=611&partnerid=14456&et_cid=13&et_lid=17473&origin=parking

    According to Google adword tool more than 15 lac people search for dessert pastry. I hope the domain might create a difference to your company and to your clients or readers.

    Thanks and looking forward to get your response shortly.

    Regards,
    Hinz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made this using whole wheat flour and I couldn't even taste the difference! So yummy, will totally be a repeat recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at "crescent rolls"... Made up a batch and they're as delicious as I expected. Way too good. Waaayyy too good. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have crescent rolls in the fridge and will probably be making these tonight or tomorrow. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine look a bit different since I didn't realize you weren't supposed to mix all the sugar and everything together and was supposed to just put it on the crescent rolls... whooops. I hope they still taste the same though, although they do look a bit different :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I diced two granny smith apples and cooked them just a few minutes on the stove to soften. Then I added them to the crescent rolls before putting the sugar mix on top. Yum! Puts a little tartness in to cut the sweetness. They turned out wonderful! Thank for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can also chop pecans and sprinkle on top before baking.. yummy yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can also chop pecans and sprinkle on top before baking.. yummy yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made this the other morning and had I not ruined it, it would have been one of my favorite breakfasts EVER!!!! thanks for the great idea! I shared it on my blog for other to see so hopefully they will make it over here and get more of your awesome ideas :)

    http://thepinningpirate.blogspot.com/2012/11/cinnamon-sugar-pizza.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found this on Pinterest. Must try! I love dessert pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This simple to make dessert is definitely going on my Christmas Eve Hors d'oeuvre party table

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I just made this for my daughter, I found the recipe on Pintrest! LOOOOOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. divine. that's all i need to say. they were divine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made this tonight, and I'm not sure if I did something wrong or what. They're okay, but... meh. They didn't look like the picture. It looks like my topping is much thicker for some reason. I think if I made them again, I'd use much less flour.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had a dessert-like pizza last week and I was really captivated by its unique and alluring taste. Glad that I stumbled on your post. I can try making one this weekend, especially since we'll be having another pizza party. Thanks for the post, Robin!

    IncrediblePizzaDesMoines.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. We were having pizza night tonight so I included these for the end. The family loved the taste and texture. I didn't have any crescent rolls so I had to use frozen bread dough but, it turned out great. I will be making this again with the crescent rolls.

    ReplyDelete